"Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.' But he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!'"
So the rich guy was implying that even though he ignored Moses (the Law) and the Prophets, he would have changed his mind... if only God had raised someone from the dead. In other words, "It's not all my fault! If God would have done more tricks to impress me, I would have put him on my calendar!"
- Get people to attend a church service;
- Get people to feel guilty enough to "serve" in the church;
- Get people to say the right thing instead of the true thing;
- Get people to think spirituality is about the quality of a show;
- Get people to focus on a certain leader or religious organization.