Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MY TOP TEN - BOOKS (What are yours?)

I know that not everyone likes to read books. Many of us, maybe even most of us, would rather read a life. I think that is why Jesus didn't write books. There are books I think I should write, but I have been slow to do that partly because I have been considering that my life should be that book before I write it. Well, that's my struggle.

Even so, there are books that have had a big impact on my life because, even though I don't know the authors personally, they have explained the message of my Savior, as presented in the Bible, in ways that have helped me understand it better. Here are my top ten:

  1. Messy Spirituality, Michael Yaconelli
  2. The Rabbi's Heartbeat, Brennan Manning
  3. Ruthless Trust, Brennan Manning
  4. Victorious Spiritual Warfare, (I had the honor of contribuing - Lighthouse Ministry)
  5. 21 Most Powerful Minutes..., John Maxwell
  6. Boundaries, Cloud & Townsend
  7. Addiction and Grace, Gerald May, M.D.
  8. The Shaping of Things to Come, Frost & Hirsch
  9. The Church Comes Home, Robert & Julia Banks
  10. Transforming Discipleship, Greg Ogden

This list is not static for me - I am always looking for others that bring light to the path. Let me know what you find!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check them out. Lately I've had my ear open for a good book to begin. Two of the books on your list made big impacts on my life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - I can bring some of them on Saturday for you to look at!

    ReplyDelete