Sunday, January 2, 2011

WHO AM I?



This morning as I read from the Harmony of the Gospels, I realized something about both John the baptizer, and his cousin, Jesus of Nazareth: When describing who they were to others, they both quoted from Isaiah. John even used this prophetic book to describe who Jesus was. (See John 1:19-29, and Luke 4:18).

This got me thinking about how huge self image is in how we do life. These guys both saw themselves through the words of God's prophet. I was reminded how a passage in Isaiah has had a very powerful impact on my own sense of personal mission: Isaiah 58:12.



 "Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins;
You will raise up the age-old foundations;
And you will be called the repairer of the breach,
The restorer of the paths in which to dwell.” 

This has defined my path for the last few years, and I wonder if the Prophet Isaiah has a special role in the identity of all of God's people. I challenge you to read through it and see if the Spirit of God points out something of who you are.

Grace and Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment